Table of Contents
- 1 Pashu Kisan Credit Card Yojana Introduction
- 2 Required documents for Pashu Kisan Credit Card Yojana:
- 3 Eligibility criteria for Pashu Kisan Credit Card Yojana:
- 4 Benefits of the Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme:
- 5 Pre procedural activities to get loan:
- 6 Features of the loan:
- 7 Procedure for applying Pashu Kisan credit card:
- 8 Online procedure for applying Pashu Kisan credit card:
Pashu Kisan Credit Card Yojana Introduction
As per the 20th Livestock Census Report by the Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department along with the Ministry of Fisheries it has revealed that the animal husbandry business in the country is increasing and growing rapidly. In light of these reports paramount steps have been taken by the central and state governments in the form of ‘Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme’ for animal farmers where loans are given at very low interest rates in vision to double the farmers income by 2022 there by increasing the animal husbandry business across the country. Under the Pashu Credit Card scheme, loans are given to farmers for fish farming, poultry farming, sheep, goat, cow and buffalo rearing. Haryana has become the first state in the country to get Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme for farmers of the state.
Required documents for Pashu Kisan Credit Card Yojana:
Passport size photograph
Eligibility criteria for Pashu Kisan Credit Card Yojana:
- Fishery: Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture: Fishers, Fish Farmers (individual & groups/ partners/ sharecroppers/ tenant farmers), Self Help Groups, Joint Liability Groups and women groups. The beneficiaries must own or lease any of the fisheries-related activities such as pond, tank, open water bodies, raceway, hatchery, rearing unit, possess a necessary license for fish farming and fishing-related activities, and any other State-specific fisheries and allied activities.
- Marine Fisheries: Beneficiaries listed above, who own or lease registered fishing vessels/boats, possess necessary fishing license/permission for fishing in estuary and sea, fish farming/mariculture activities in estuaries and open sea and any other State-specific fisheries and allied activities.
- Poultry and small ruminant: Farmers, poultry farmers either an individual or joint borrower, Joint Liability Groups or Self Help Groups including tenant farmers of sheep/goats/pigs/poultry/birds/rabbit and having owned/rented/leased sheds.
- Dairy: Farmers and Dairy farmers either individual or joint borrower, Joint Liability Groups or Self Help Groups including tenant farmers having owned /rented/leased sheds.
Benefits of the Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme:
- No interest will be charged on loans up to Rs 1.60 lakh.
- loans are given at an interest rate of 7% under this scheme .
- In this, the Central Government gives subsidy of 3% while Haryana Government is giving rebate on the remaining 4%.
- In this way, the loan taken under this scheme will be without any interest.
Pre procedural activities to get loan:
- A farmer will have to get his animal insured beforehand. For this he will have to be pay only Rs. 100.
- Then An affidavit to be submitted by the farmer to the Deputy Director of Animal Husbandry and Dairy Department while taking a loan upto 1.60 lakh under Pashu kisan credit card scheme
Features of the loan:
- A farmer who owns a cow will be given a loan of Rs. 40783 by the state government in six equal instalments (Rs 6,797 per instalment) every month through credit card.
- A farmer who owns a buffalo will be given a loan of Rs.60,249 with an interest of 4% per annum.
- A farmer who owns sheep and goats will be given a loan of 4063 a year and those who own pigs will be given a loan of 16337 a year.
- A farmer will get a loan at normal interest rate under Pashu credit card scheme if it is above Rs 1.60 lakh for which he will have to put something on mortgage.
- In any of the above mentioned features under Pashu credit card scheme, if the farmer pays the loan amount within one year, he will get rebate on interest.
Procedure for applying Pashu Kisan credit card:
- Eligible person will have to visit the bank and apply for the Pashu Kisan credit card
- An application has to be submitted along with required documents.
- It is applicable only for the residents of Haryana.
- After verification of the application form, Pashu kisan credit card will be sent within 1 month.
Online procedure for applying Pashu Kisan credit card:
- Visit the preferred bank’s website and visit their Kisan Credit Card Section.
- Download & print the Application form.
- Duly fill out the Application form.
- Submit the application and necessary documents at the nearest bank’s branch.